Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I can't give it away with the title....

I've learned that parenting includes a lot of firsts. With that being said, we experienced yet another "first" on Friday night.

I'd like to start by thanking Brad, Julianna and Missy - it was because of you three that I even decided to get the Flip video camera out.

Carson was taking a bath Friday night and playing w/ the boat that Brad and Julianna got him for his birthday. He loves that thing!! (I think he has his daddy's liking for boats). Put all of the toys into the boat, piece by piece, take all of the toys out of the boat, piece by piece - repeat, again and again. Sometimes he would even put the boat on his head (it's shaped like a bowl). I thought - "how cute, Brad and Julianna would love to see this!" And, Missy sent us a video from Carson's birthday party (which I loved) and it made me realize we need to take more video. And, what's cuter than Carson in the bathtub playing!

So, I grabbed the Flip and started filming. Of course he wouldn't put the boat on his head - the only thing he wanted to do was reach for the camera and see what I was doing. He stood up which is always followed w/ me saying, "sit on your bottom"....over and over and over again. I kept the camera focused on his sweet face as I was reapeating myself and I suddenly heard a trickling sound. The camera view quickly dropped to see that he was going pee-pee in the bathtub! I said, oh man, I'm telling daddy about this (Greg thinks that it is so gross when Carson potties in the water. I always tell him that Carson probably does it during every bath, we just don't know it...it won't hurt him). :)

But then it happened - I put the camera back on his face and as he was smiling, he started bearing down. You know the look, when they are trying to push something out. I jumped and yelled, "are you pooping?" And then a smile of relief came across his face...and something else came floating into the water. Sure enough, our sweet little angel had pooped, standing in the bathtub! I immediately started screaming for Greg but I could not stop laughing.

I panicked at first because I had no idea what to do. I quickly grabbed the cup we rinse him off w/ (thanks Sohaila for the baby shower gift) and scooped up the poop and took it to the toilet. Greg was now on the scene so I threw Carson in the shower with him so I could start the process of sanitizing the bathtub.

Now, I won't be posting this video on the blog....but, I do have it on the computer and I will be showing this to Carson and his future wife someday...and maybe even his kids too!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Is it gross and totally crazy that a childless friend like me would actually be interested in seeing that video? Don't judge me. Ha. Too funny!

Granny Strange said...

That a way Carson also keep Mommy and Daddy on their toes. Keeps them healthy and makes them wiser.

Post a Comment