Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bedtime Routine

Every day, Greg and I are amazed at how quickly Carson is growing up! He's saying a few words like juice, yes, geeeeze (please) and tickle tickle. Even with the limited vocabulary, he can process so much - it's crazy!

When it's time to go to bed, all I have to say is "ok, let's go to bed, give daddy a kiss good night". He puts down his milk, runs to Greg for a big wet kiss, picks his milk back up and runs into his room. It's too easy! (Please please please....let it always be this simple) We read a few book and then it's time to brush his teeth! He loves this! Again, all I say is "let's go brush your teeth" and he's out the door and into our bathroom, standing in front of daddy's sink (that's where his toothbrush is). I don't think we really get a lot accomplished while brushing his teeth - he's squirming and laughing because it tickles, but he enjoys it. Then, he's down and back out to find daddy for one more kiss! After he gets that last kiss in, he's back in his room.

It is just so funny how he knows exactly what we're telling him to do. I prefer to think he's a genius but I bet every other 16 month old is doing the same thing....please don't tell me that though. :)

1 comments:

Granny Strange said...

I could tell the minute I saw my grandson he was going to be the perfect child but I still say you two will have to get up pretty early in the morning to stay a step ahead of his intelligence!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment