Monday, March 28, 2011

Greg's Birthday!!!!!

I am really late on this post....my apologies to the birthday boy.

March 20th was Greg's birthday! The Friday night of his birthday weekend, we had a babysitter and decided to hit the town! We didn't have a plan, just that we were going to do whatever HE wanted to do!

We regularly drive by this place called, Saint Rocke. I call it a place because we never really knew if it was a restaurant, bar, music venue, etc. It's nothing special on the outside, just a brick building with a marque out front listing bands, none of which we've ever heard of. Their website looked cool so we thought we would stop in and check it out.

In the words of Aunt Julianna, OMG! The place was awesome - dark wood, leather chairs/couches, soft lighting, very cool atmosphere, etc. We immediately fell in love with the place! We had a great time just chatting and being, as we call it, Greg and Bonney!

We decided to take it easy and just relax on Saturday. Well, I say relax but we did a lot of cooking. Since we've moved to California, we've been in the kitchen a lot more, which has been fun! I decided to make a cheesecake for Greg's birthday. We received the Southern Living Christmas Cookbook and not a single recipe has let us down yet!

Sunday, was the big day....the actual Birthday! I made stuffed french toast for breakfast. I must say, it was amazing!! The weather was not in our favor on Sunday. It was pouring rain and the wind was unreal - I swear the palm trees were going to snap in half. We laugh, because last year it snowed on his birthday. So, next year the weather has to be in his favor...we're running out of forecast options!

Greg and I always tell each other not to go overboard on birthday gifts (and Christmas for that matter). So I didn't.  :)

He's been watching The Office quite a bit, lately. With that being said, I HAD to get him this:

That's right, a Dwight bobblehead!!

Greg loves Dwight. And when I say love, he laughs every time Dwight speaks! I have to agree with him though, Dwight is hilarious.

Overall, I would say the birthday weekend was a success! Happy Birthday Boss, I love you!

1 comments:

carol said...

Glad you had a great B-Day!! As you know you deserve it and I love Dwight!!!

Post a Comment