Sunday, March 20, 2011

I can see!

On March 10th I had Lasik! Everything went well and I can see just as well as I could with contacts.

Keep in mind, I've worn glasses (or contacts) since I was 8 years old, so now not needing glasses or contacts is very freeing! A few times I've gotten in bed, all cozy, and then I think dang...I need to take out my contacts. Wait, no I don't!!!! What a great feeling!

For those of you that have never needed assistance with your vision (my husband) you have no idea what an amazing feeling this is! No longer the burden of glasses! When wearing glasses you can't wear regular sunglasses and if you decide to spend the money on a pair of prescription sunglasses, you have to keep changing glasses when you come in and out, you can't lay on your side to watch a movie because they get cock-eyed, one little smudge can cause some major distractions and don't get me started on water activities...these are just to name a few. Contacts - now that's a whole different story: dry eyes, ripped contacts, remembering to bring along your contact solution on overnights, etc. All bad news.

So, after 26 years of dealing with all of these annoyances, I can see - unassisted!

The surgery wasn't that bad. They put in so many drops, my eyes were completely numb - I couldn't feel a thing. The procedure took less than 10 minutes. I won't lie, my heart was pounding the entire time. I just kept telling myself - don't take your eye off of that green dot and...I can do this, I can do this. (we have it on DVD just in case anyone wants to watch it...it is pretty cool)

Probably the best part about the surgery, well besides being able to see, was the valium! It kicked in on the drive home (Greg was driving so don't worry, I wasn't driving around LA all drugged up! haha). I slept like a baby that afternoon, woke up for two hours and crashed for the night. Oh, and I had to wear these very stylish goggles....I still have them in anyone would like to borrow them sometime! (I especially like my drugged up smile).

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hot sutff! Glad you got new eyeballs. Love and miss you.

Katie said...

OH my gosh. I'm still laughing from the goggle picture. Keep those things for poker night. NO ONE will have a clue as to what you're holding!!

Post a Comment