Saturday, December 17, 2011

Thanksgiving Visitors

I've been meaning to get this posted for awhile now but work has kept me busy lately!

Over Thanksgiving we had visitors....Uncle Brad and Aunt Julianna! I cannot even begin to explain how excited we were to see the two of them. The only problem was, time flew by too quickly.

We ate so much food on Thanksgiving...it was great! I made a black and white bread pudding (which I must say is amazing) and we attempted to make a pumpkin loaf. It actually turned out great too! I think we have a couple of desserts we'll be repeating for years to come!

Carson was a BIG fan of Uncle Brad! Look how cute these two are together!



I love this picture of Brad and Julianna. Greg drove them around the peninsula to see the beautiful views!


On Friday, we went out for some sightseeing. We started in Hollywood (which is actually really kind of dirty and scary), then drove down Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills (we didn't do any shopping...we wouldn't have been able to afford anything anyways, ha) and ended with a drive along the coast in Santa Monica!

Along the way we stopped for some lunch at Pink's. I've heard of Pink's a few times and apparently it a must see when you're in LA.  http://www.pinkshollywood.com/
Essentially, it's a hot dog stand! All sorts of famous people have eaten at Pink's, some even have a dog named after them. We stood in line for 30 minutes, at least. But, it was well worth it! Yummy dogs!


On their last night here, I kept joking that I was going to call the airline to cancel their flight...it was too soon for them to go home. As I'm getting ready the next morning, Greg comes in and tells me that their flight was cancelled! HA! Unfortunately, they were able to get on a flight later that day.  :(

We had such a great time and can't wait for them to come out again (hint hint)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment