Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Today is Father's Day (look at me, actually posting about something on the day of...don't get used to it)!! The day we celebrate the men in our lives, and our children's lives, and thank them for doing what they do - every day....be a dad!

I was lucky enough to have two dads in my life growing up! Both taught me very valuable lessons - even though I'm pretty sure I made them both want to tear their hair out at times (but I think that's the job of a teenage girl). :)

Here's a sampling of a few things I learned along the way from each of them...

Dad:
- taught me about God and what it means to be a Christian
- how to ride a bike, be adventurous and hunt for mushrooms in the middle of nowhere (and actually appreciate it)
- how to be a kid at heart and laugh at myself (even though he still embarrasses me at times, it's not nearly to level it was when I was younger)

Chet:
- he taught me all about football
- he also worked on teaching me how to drive a stick shift - apparently I needed multiple people to help me w/ this one (although we almost strangled each other a few times)
- taught me how to work hard for what you want

Another Father I want to celebrate today is my husband, Greg! He is such an amazing father to Carson, I can't even begin to put it into words. So often I hear from other women that they can't get their husband's to help w/ the kids, change diapers, feed the baby, pick up around the house....the list goes on and on. It's hard to understand where they're coming from because my husband does all of this, and much more.

Often times, we get a strange look from people when we tell them that I work and he stays him w/ the kiddo (soon to be kiddos). But you know what, it works for us! And, the amazing bond that I see between Carson and Greg - I can't put it into words. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely days I come home from work and they are minutes away from knocking each other out but that's part of it - one of the joys of having children...one minute they're the cutest things you've ever seen and the next minute you want to give them away! haha

Greg is always sending me pictures throughout the day of Carson or telling me the fun things they are doing. I can't lie and say there's not a small piece of me that is jealous of the days they get to spend together but then I think about the special time they need together and that Carson and I get our special time (which is different than what he does w/ daddy) and I feel great about it! Here are just a few of the fun pics I get throughout the day!!

This one absolutely cracks me up! I believe the text said, "this is the kind of respect I get". So darn funny!!

 
 This is the, "hi mommy, we miss you!"


Look at that amazing smile! Greg makes sure I don't miss these moments throughout the day!
 


Got the 'thumbs up' from the sick patient...he was feeling much better when he woke up!
 


Just enjoying my lunch w/ daddy....and my cool shades!


Here are a few more pictures of the two together.










So, in honor of being an awesome, amazing, loving, funny father....here's to you daddy!!!!


1 comments:

Granny/MommaStrange said...

Such a sweet and loving way to say Happy Father's Day to the men in your life! I do love the pic's! Greg is a truly remarkable man, I love the way he cares not only for Carson but for you as well and that little girl will certainly love her Daddy! Bonney you may be a little envious at times but it is so sweet that they include you in their day, so much better than a sitter that may not tell you about the important steps in your child's daily life! You each have your SPECIAL time with Carson plus your together as a family time and so it shall be with member number 4! Happy Father's Day to you MR. GREG HODGES!

Post a Comment