Sunday, June 16, 2013

2.5 weeks to go

I cannot believe we only have 2.5 weeks until baby girl is set to join our family. It's crazy to think that....well, there's so many way to say it:
- we will be a family of 4
- a new baby will be in this house
- Carson will have a sister
- Carson won't be the only child in this house
- we will have to learn to juggle 2 kids
- the fact that we will have children...not just a child
- a little girl will be in this house (aka, lots of pink versus all blue and trucks)

I am so very excited to meet sissy (that's what we call her around here). I wonder what she's going to look like. I have to remind myself she won't come out as a talking 3 yr old that looks/acts just like Carson (that would be really weird if she did). She will be her own self, with her own personality, her own likes and dislikes, her own everything!

I can't lie, I am nervous...having 2 kiddos to care for and look after is a scary thing, at least for me. What if they both need us at the same time?? (I say this w/ a bit of sarcasm because yes, I do realize this will happen) I know it can be done...millions of people have multiple children but for 3 years everything has been about Carson. If he needs something, Greg and I are both there, immediately for him.

And, I hate to admit this, but I feel myself feeling kind of sad too. I love that I can give all of my attention to Carson right now. It's going to be different - he's going to have to share his time w/ mommy and daddy w/ this new little thing that will be here soon. How is he going to react? I pray that he feels just as loved once she arrives as he does now. I pray that I can figure out how to split my time between the two and make sure they both feel so extremely special and so loved...all the time.

I know in my heart it will all come together, and we'll wonder how we even made it without her, but until she gets here, these are my fears. I guess it's the fear of the unknown...which I remember feeling before Carson was born. How in the world are we going to manage life with a child, it had always been about us. But now looking back, I wonder what the heck we even did before Carson...we must have been really boring people! :)

Lastly, this is our last (planned) baby. It makes me so sad to know I will never have that feeling again of a baby moving around inside of me. Every time she moves, I do my best to soak up that moment...remember what it feels like to feel a foot push out or her little bottom pushing up. It's the most amazing thing to feel - that's a human being inside of you, growing and developing to soon join you family. So, keep on moving baby girl so I can continue to create these memories with you and then once you get here, we'll be able to create so many more memories together!

2 comments:

Alyson said...

Aw, love this! She's almost here!

Granny/Momma Strange said...

You said it all so well and believe me you will always remember those movements and the closeness, the bonding time, and those little talks you had while you carry that little miracle inside you! BUT let it be known we are all excited to meet her! Carson will love her, be jealous of her at times, want you to take her back at times, and vice-a-versa but love between the two will win out eventually and that as a parent you will pray for! Always remember even though they come from the same parents they will probably be complete opposites!

Post a Comment