Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hair, Texas and Chaps...

How do all of these words relate? Well, I'll tell you how it all came together today.

I got my hair cut and colored today. This is the second time I've been to this lady, Angela. She's petite, somewhat quiet and English (Missy, you would love her accent!). While she was coloring my hair, we were comparing notes on local restaurants and places to check out in the area. Side note, the great thing about the area we live in is there are very few chain restaurants so lots of new places to eat!

Angela mentioned this place called Texas Looseys. I was sold, obviously, since it had Texas in the name! So, we decided to check it out for dinner tonight.

We pull up and it looks like a fun place to eat and hang out! We walk in, still looking good - like a good old fashioned Texas restaurant. Then our waitress shows up.....in a cowboy hat and chaps. Yes, short shorts, a tiny top and chaps. I could barely order a drink - I was so confused. So many thoughts were racing through my mind. Sweet, British Angela recommended this place? Is this what Californians think Texas is like? Do they think we all walk around wearing chaps and cowboy hats? Surely the owner of this restaurant isn't actually from Texas? Thank goodness they weren't very busy - I'd hate for anyone to see us here!

So, we went with it...knowing we'd have plenty of laughs to share! And honestly, the food wasn't horrible, however, we agreed that we probably would not be making a return trip anytime soon!

1 comments:

Kathryn said...

Awesome. So, so, so awesome. I literally was laughing out loud reading this to Zach.

Post a Comment