Sunday, February 20, 2011

My sick boys....

Well, this weekend has gone from bad to worse. I'll start from the beginning.....when everyone was healthy.

Wednesday we took Carson to the doctor for his 9 month checkup. He's doing great: 20 lbs (50th percentile) and 27 inches long (70th-80th percentile). The doctor said he is "perfect"....her words, not mine! :)  Of course I have to agree though!

Ok, back to why the Hodges household is a DO NOT ENTER zone right now.

While in the waiting room at the doctors office, Carson was playing with the toys. His version of playing right now is trying to put everything in his mouth. We can only stop him for so long before he beats us to the punch, therefore, some of the toys made contact with his mouth.

Everything was fine on Wednesday and Thursday, but then around 12:30am Friday morning, he started crying. That is not like Carson so we knew something was wrong. I went in there and rocked him back to sleep. I thought I smelled spit up so I checked his bed and sure enough he had thrown up all over his crib. My first thought: he picked up a bug at the doctors office....ick. So, now we get to wake up daddy! As I'm holding Carson and waking up Greg, he throws up all over me (Carson that is). So, as Greg changes the sheets, I change my clothes and Carson's clothes. Back to the rocking chair with Carson. I'm about to put him back in his crib and he starts coughing and throws up on the both of us again. So, we change clothes....again. Finally, he went back down for the rest of the night, or should I say morning.

The plan was to use our babysitter, Tara, on Friday night, prior to all of the puking. Greg calls me after lunch and says we need to cancel - Carson has blasted through four diapers and had to change clothes all four times, plus he's already taked two baths. Poor Greg, Carson was either puking or pooping all day. By time I got home from work, the worst was over. Greg kept asking me if I smelled poop but everything smelled fine to me. But, once you get it on you, there's no getting that smell out of your nose (those w/ kids know exactly what I'm talking about).

Carson made it through the night and was in great shape yesterday (still kind of runny diapers, but I wasn't too worried). Then 3:30am this morning hit. Greg made a beeline to the bathroom.....guess who has it now? Poor guy. And, to top it off, when I went to get Carson this morning he had another runny diaper and it was all over his crib! Therefore, another bath this morning. He surely has to be the cleanest kid on the block right now!

So, nurse Bonney is in full force today! I'm just praying that I don't get it. I don't know how we could maintain if all three of us are sick. Carson's attitude is good - I think his is wrapping up. Greg, unfortunately, I think is just getting started. I've locked him in the bedroom and I keep bringing him fluids and checking on him. Erica - where are you?? I need a REAL nurse in the house!!

3 comments:

jennifer hodges said...

Oh, I feel for you--I hope you don't get it!

Kathryn said...

I am scarred for life after reading this post. No lie.

The Hodges said...

Kathy - I almost mentioned your name in this entry. I was thinking of you and how you would be freaking out!! Love ya!!

Post a Comment