Saturday, October 23, 2010

The good, the bad and the ugly...

The good:
1.       I have to start with a video of Carson. This is actually the GREAT! I love it! This kid is cracking me up. Any type of quick fast motion really gets him going! And, I love it when he notices the camera – everything stops. I can’t blame him, I don’t like being on camera either….unlike his father! :)

2.       The Aggies won today!
3.       Texas lost today!
4.       OU lost today!
5.       The house is coming together! We have the big pieces of furniture in place, pictures up, etc!!!
6.       Greg is getting things in place to get the grill up and running! Yay!! I need some good ole Texas cookouts! I told him we should host a Texas style cookout and invite some of the neighbors. He didn’t like this idea too well – said he gets nervous when he has to cook for other people (he’ll probably kill me for saying this).
7.       We saw the beach today…finally! We went down to the Redondo Beach Pier. I’m not counting this as anything official though – I want to actually put my toes in the sand!
8.       Booked a meeting! I made quite a few sales calls this week and a prospect called me Friday afternoon and is ready to meet! Woo hoo – it’s coming together. (Interesting fact – when I tell people I just moved here with my family, they love it! People can’t wait to give advice, ask about the weather difference, etc. Don’t think I won’t be milking that one for awhile!)

The bad:
1.       Oklahoma State lost – we are no longer undefeated – we didn’t get the game w/ our cable package….let’s move on.
2.       This rain has got to go! I guess Southern California has had some crazy weather this summer. I’m kind of over it…
3.       Carson has a cold or allergies or something. But as you can see, that’s not stopping the laughing!
4.       Time change – I think Carson thinks we’re still in Texas. He has been getting up at 6am versus 8am. It’s cute, he’ll lay in there for about an hour just talking to himself but once he’s had enough, he’ll let us know. Greg and I just roll over and look at each other and play the “who’s getting up this time” game. I’m sure most of you have played that game a few times in your life!
5.       We’ve been to the AT&T store, collectively, four times in two days. First – my BlackBerry died so I had to get a new one (yeah Torch!). Second – the sales rep forgot to put my power cord back in the box so Greg went by to get it. Third – I needed an air card for work (needed one anyways) but the previous home owners finally cut off their home internet (we were just simple “borrowing” their service, haha). Lastly, my air card would not work on my work laptop. I worked with an AT&T rep on the phone for over an hour this morning with no luck so I went back to the store. Funny thing is, they all recognize me now! That’s one way to make friends! Rickey and I worked on my laptop for a couple of hours, again with no luck. It works on our personal laptop so I’m guessing it’s the work laptop…guess it’s time for an upgrade!;)

The ugly:
1.       The 3rd bedroom/office. Wow – looks like a tornado hit that room! If we can’t find a place for something, guess where it goes. So….we need some visitors to motivate us to get the room finished. Any takers??!! :)

1 comments:

Kathryn said...

This whole blog just made me smile. I am soooo happy you are doing this. Makes me not feel so sad about you all being so far away. Glad the move went well. The house is beautiful!! I miss you and Carson's laugh is precious. oxox

Post a Comment