Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A lot has happened in a week and a half...

Where do I begin...let me warn you, this will be a lengthy post and I may touch on every topic under the sun!
We are officially in California!! Greg and I both agree that we are glad we made the drive out here - we got to see parts of the country we may have never seen and we have some fun memories, BUT we don't want to do it again anytime soon!
I'll recap for you:
Monday - we hit the road. First stop - Amarillo. We were 10 miles from our hotel and I heard Carson stirring, so I leaned back to check on him. To my surprise, he had poop (yes poop) all over his legs, hands, etc. I yelled out, "sick there's poop everywhere, exit now!". Greg and I were laughing so hard trying to clean him up and Carson was all smiles (of course he was, anyone would feel better after that). We had him completely stripped down, laying on a changing pad in the grass at a truck stop. Pretty classy, I know! To add to this, we had so much stuff to take into the hotel each night...it was unreal. Here'a picture but it doesn't even come close to the load we had!

Tuesday - We stayed in Albuquerque (I still have to Google the correct spelling). And I have another poop story. We were eating dinner on a patio and, of course, Carson needed a diaper change. The restaurant didn't have a changing table in the bathroom, so I strolled him over to the side of the building. As I'm elbow deep in a dirty diaper, a guy walks up to me and asks if I have a pen. I gave him the craziest look and said "WHAT?? NO!"


Wednesday - Flagstaff. Cool temps, it felt great. The next morning we drove up to the Grand Canyon since we were only about an hour away. Wow - is all I can say! I had no idea what to expect but it was amazing. Here are a few pics we took.





Thursday -Coming down from the elevation was horrible for poor little Carson's ears. I felt so bad for him. He cried hard for about 45 minutes but once we got to the hotel, he was great. In fact, I even got some good laughs out of him! We ended our day in Lake Havasu. HOT! We got out of the car and it was 99 degrees, a big difference from where we were just a few hours before! Little piece of trivia we learned, Lake Havasu is not actually a lake, it's a river.

Friday - we pulled into town...finally. We met the home owners (super nice) and crashed at the hotel.

Saturday - Moving Day! We were completely in the house by mid-afternoon. We immediately started unpacking. For those that know Greg well, you know the boxes were killing him! He couldn't get them unpacked fast enough! (I'm not complaining, trust me!)



Fast forward to today, Tuesday. All of the boxes are unpacked and we just need to organize and get everything put away. I think we'll have it done by the end of the month. I'm working from the house (through the end of the year). It's not bad, in fact I enjoy it. I just lock myself in the back bedroom and come out at lunch and when I hear Carson wake up from his naps!

A couple of fun facts on the house:
1. We have an avacado, lemon, pear, apple and grapefruit trees. Crazy!
2. There are a ton of light switches. I know this may sound odd, but it's hilarious. For example, 6 switches in the master bath, 7 in the master bedroom, 4 in the guest bath. I don't think we'll ever get them figured out


Ok, I think that's it for now. We are adjusting and getting settled in! More to come from California!


0 comments:

Post a Comment