Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thank goodness for technology

Let me start with a shout out to Kim Cravens, my dear friend from work. Earlier this year, she introduced us to skype. Funny thing is, Kim lived in Australia for 6 months last year. We never skyped with her while she was 'down under' but as soon as she got back to Dallas, we skyped! She was just 25 miles down the road, go figure!
Anyways, back to the reason for the post. Skype has been, and will be, a great asset while we are in California. Last night we got our first skype call since we've been here! It was the Hodges: Gerald, Karen, Missy, Mickey and Justin! Gerald was amazed with the technology! haha We had so much fun seeing everyone and catching up. I made them pose so I could take a quick pic!

Today, Trey called us! We got to see Sophia and Wyatt, man I miss those kiddos. Sophia even waved at Baby Carson (I don't think he will ever be just Carson to her, it's always Baby Carson). I held Carson up so everyone could see him - not a good idea. He started screaming and wouldn't stop crying. We're blaming Trey for this! haha (we love ya Trey, but we have to blame somebody and Sophia looked too cute with her pigtails!).
We will work on getting Carson used to people talking to him through the computer. So...if you skype us and he cries, don't take it personal!

1 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love it! That is how Amanda and I talked every week while she was in Florida. We had a standing Sunday morning chat date. Lets catch up via Skype soon.

Post a Comment