Sunday, January 30, 2011

Four Years

This past Thursday, Jan. 27th, we celebrated our four year anniversary!

When I was in the dating world, people used to say to me, "when it's the one, you'll just know". I thought these people were crazy. I had never felt the "I just know" feeling....until I met Greg! We were friends for a few months before we decided to start dating. I was so nervous to start dating Greg because what if it didn't work out, that was a good friend I might lose. But, I listened to my heart and went for it!

About two weeks into our relationship I told him he would be my husband someday. Now, I said this with full confidence, not worried that he would think that I was a crazy psycho. And, I didn't mean get married right away, but that he "is the one" and someday we would be married. He completely agreed!! :) Eight months later we were engaged (on his birthday) and ten months later we got married!

It's kind of funny how we met. I had been hanging out w/ my friends Katie and Trey (The Smiths) and they were friends w/ Brian and Missy (The Heftys). Keep in mind, I've known Katie since we were in 3rd grade, we lost touch in college and reconnected when  I moved to Dallas. The Heftys kept telling me that I needed to meet Greg Hodges. It seemed like forever before I ever met Greg. I thought to myself, you keep telling me how wonderful this guy is, so let's see it! haha (In fact, I even met Trey and Jennifer before meeting Greg...this was at Katie's baby shower for Hailey).

Finally, Greg and I met at the Smiths for poker night. Greg said three words to me that night...."Hi, I'm Greg". Yup, that's it, nothing more, nothing less. Afterwards, they all wanted to know what I thought of him. To be honest, I didn't think too much - I only had three words to work with! Soon after that, we all started hanging out more and Greg finally came out of his shell! I thought he was so funny (and still do)! That was one thing I always wanted in a husband - someone that can make me laugh!

God completely brought us together. So many things had to take place at just the right time for us to meet and I don't question any of it. Greg is my best friend. He's my go-to person when I'm having a horrible day and when I'm having a great day! I know he'll listen, give me his opinion and love me no matter what at the end of the day. I can't wait to see what lies ahead of us but regardless of what it is, I wouldn't want anyone else by my side!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I remember the process of you two getting together!! Such great memories!! We love us some Bonney and Greg. And, I agree, that hubby of yours is one funny guy. In fact, today while on the computer I just saw a pic of the two of you at our house for your wedding shower. Has it really been four years??? Love you both and miss you guys. Marriage is awesome. Congrats!

jennifer hodges said...

Congrats! :) And now you have sweet Carson!

Unknown said...

Hope you had a good anniversary!

Post a Comment