Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Trying to get discovered

I was at the Warner Bros. studios on Friday. Big meeting. Huge opportunity. May be my only chance to get in front of these people.

Who am I kidding, I have no acting talent - this was a work meeting. We booked a meeting with Warner Bros. We always meet at the clients office so it I was really excited to see the inside of Warner Bros. I was like a little kid in a candy shop as we pulled up to the offices in Burbank. We watch the tv shows and the movies on the big screen but to actually go where these shows are filmed...awesome!

I snapped a few shots with my cell phone. The first one is the outside view of the studio where Ellen is filmed. I looked for her once we got in, but no luck...

This is the view once we got through security. I was a little surprised at how they just let us roam on our own once we got through security. Lucky for them, I'm a rule-follower so we drove straight to our meeting location.  :)

This is just a shot down one of the side streets.

The meeting went well and I learned a lot about the tv and film industry. Afterwards, they offered us a tour. Of course I took them up on the offer! Brent w/ WB drove us all around the lot and explained all that goes into making a tv show. I had no idea. We saw some generic sets they can use for different shots, depending on the need, we saw the construction department, costumes, props, etc. It was definitely a great experience and hopefully we got our foot in the door with a new industry!

2 comments:

Alyson said...

Still jealous - great pictures! Hopefully they'll need some good nesters :)

jennifer hodges said...

I'm jealous too!

Post a Comment