Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year

I remember when mom used to tell me, time flies when you get older (I think this conversation always happened when we were approaching my birthday and Christmas - those days couldn't get here fast enough). I never believed her back then, but now I certainly do!

2010 was an amazing year for us! Two things that stick out the most - the birth of our son, Carson and moving to California. Two words can sum it up - LIFE CHANGING!

1. Birth of our son
Carson is amazing. Everyday is something new. He has taught us so much about ourselves. What pressure it is being a parent - our job is to teach him about life, God, values and then send him on his way and hope and pray that we did a good job. One day at a time - that's what I tell myself. Everything I say and do, I think about how it will affect him. Having a child opened my eyes to everything my parents went through to raise me - I can't thank them enough!

2. Moving to California
What a crazy concept, huh?! I never thought I would live in California, especially right after having a baby! CRAZY! But, God has his ways of pointing us in the right direction at the right time. What a great opportunity for me professionally and for our family. Carson will learn to walk on the beach, we can see the ocean and mountains everyday and even the lights at night are beautiful, with the outline of the palm trees in the background.

Now, for the New Year Resolutions. I prefer to call them goals. I learned at ISN that by writing down your goals, you are more likely to accomplish them. I believe this to be true! Of course we didn't make all of our goals for 2010, but we did pretty well! Here are our 2011 Goals, so far....I always seem to add to them throughout the year.

1. Lose weight/be more fit (isn't this everybody's goal?)
2. Save money
3. Be more positive, in general. I can really get down on myself at times and I don't need to do that anymore!
4. Call my sister more (she'll be 21 on Thursday - OMG, and I need to be a better big sister)
5. Move up the career ladder
6. Find a church in California
7. Watch less tv (I feel like I don't watch a lot of tv, but then I realize I could be doing much more productive things when I am watching tv)
8. Go outside more, even if it's sitting in the backyard
9. Become a better cook. Since living in California, we cook a lot more than we used to. It's actually fun! Greg is teaching me that I don't have to measure everything and playing with the recipe is ok. haha
10. Portion control - we eat way too much food (this will likely help w/ #1)
11. Find friends to hang out with (don't we sound pathetic??)
12. Volunteer

Now that you all know my goals, I feel the pressure to really stick to it. I have no idea what 2011 has in store for us but I can't wait to find out! I thank God everyday for the blessings and lessons in our life.

Here's to a wonderful new year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment