Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Carson's Birthday Party!

We went back to Dallas last weekend to celebrate Carson's first birthday with the family! We had such a great time seeing everyone, including my family who hasn't seen Carson since Christmas - you know they were dying to get their hands on him! :)

Trey and Jen offered to host the big birthday bash! Jennifer is by far the most creative person I've ever met - and thank goodness. I needed all the help I could get! We decided to do a Hollywood theme. Since we are currently living in the LA area, it only made sense! Plus, when will we ever be able to pick this birthday theme again! :)

Thanks again Jen for all of your hard work and coordinating! I'm glad you finally got to shower once the party started. ;)


The decorations:






Let's be honest, it wouldn't be a Hodges' party if there wasn't a ton of food to eat!


Trey and Wyatt missed some of the party becuase Wyatt had a baseball game and pictures - what a handsome baseball player he is too! I wish I could get ready like this everyday! :)


 
And now.....Carson digging into his cake! We stripped him down to his diaper. To be honest, I didn't think he would really dig into it but Greg thought he would. Guess daddy was right! He sure loved his cake. I think he got my sweet tooth....oops!





I love this last picture. You can tell the sugar-high has definitely kicked in! Afterwards we gave him a quick bath and then it was time to open his presents. He got so many great gifts!!

I would say his first birthday party was a success!! Happy Birthday Carson!! Love you!

2 comments:

carol strange said...

Love the pictures of Carson enjoying his cake. I also want to thank Jen for her hard work and making us feel so welcome in her home. Oh My Gosh it was so wonderful to see Carson and hug and kiss on him and watch him walk and run along. To think the last time we saw him, he was trying to crawl. It is so wonderful to be his Granny. Love ya Carson now and forever!!!!!!!!!

jennifer hodges said...

You are so nice to mention that we still haven't shipped the presents to you yet...

Post a Comment