Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Where do I start - I had such a wonderful Mother's Day. My boys sure know how to take care of me! :)

To start the day - Carson slept in - woo hoo!! But, of course Greg and I were awake talking about Carson sleeping in, so I didn't really get more sleep, I just got to stay in bed longer! And, today is Carson's birthday so we had lots of celebrating to do! Poor Greg - the pressure he must have felt. ;)

We went to the Village for a Mother's Day Bruch at HT Grill (this great little restaurant/shopping area close by the house). We had a great time and discovered that Carson really likes french toast!

Overall, we had a great day of just hanging out as a family! And, to top it off, Carson fell asleep on my chest after his bedtime bottle. Pure Heaven....it honestly does not get any better than that. That was the best Mother's Day gift he could have given me.

I've only been a mom for a year now but...wow! I don't think I can even find words to explain what an amazing feeling it is. As we were walking to breakfast this morning, I had such a feeling of pride. I am a mom. A proud mom. This is my amazing husband and our amazing child. It meant so much to me to hear someone tell me Happy Mother's Day - the waitress, the people at the table next to us or a stranger on the street. It was crazy what a great feeling, and again, sense of pride it was to hear those words.

And to my mom - Happy Mother's Day to you. I can't imagine what it's like to see your child grown and having children of their own. But, do know that you are loved and I look up to you, listen to your advice and appreciate that you support me in whatever I do. I hope that I can do the same for my children.

I told Greg I wanted flowers planted in our empty pots in the backyard for Mother's Day. Here's a pic of what they picked out - gorgeous!


Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there!

1 comments:

carol strange said...

You are a great Mom and all I can say is Thank You for being my daughter.

Post a Comment