Sunday, March 17, 2013

3 + 1 = 4

You gotta love simple math...adding baby #2 will make this family, a family of 4! That's right, we are so excited to be welcoming baby #2 this summer (July 3rd to be exact). And, we found out we're having a.....G-I-R-L!!! As I write this, I am 24 weeks pregnant. I should have posted this a long time ago but there's this thing called life that seems to take over sometimes. :)

We are so excited to have a little girl in the mix. I'm not sure if Carson fully understands just yet but we talk about sissy all the time and how he's going to be such a big help w/ feeding her, changing her diapers, and teaching her all sorts of new things. The conversations always ends w/ him saying, "she's gonna cry a lot." Guess he's seen a few babies around and all they do is cry! ha I tell him, "yes, she's going to cry but you can just tell her it's going to be ok." So far he seems to agree w/ this approach....we'll see how it works out when she actually arrives...and cries...for real.

You know that gut feeling you get sometimes as a mother, when you just know that something is....well, it just is. I had that when I found out I was pregnant - I just knew it was a girl....100%, nobody could tell me differently, I knew. But about 2 weeks before we went to the doctor to find out, I somehow convinced myself we were having another boy - I switched camps, no doubt about it, I was going to be the only female in the house....you get the point. So, the 3 of us headed to the doctor to find out what we were having. First of all, everything measured perfectly and healthy (thank you Lord) and then the dr said, "Carson, you're going to have a little.....sister!" Greg and I just looked at each other and said, "what??" I started cracking up - I should have stuck w/ my gut!

The rest of the day we were both is shock - for me, I immediately fast forwarded to her being 15, hormones, boys, her not liking me (because I'm her mother), drama and hormones (did I already mention that?!). For Greg, I think his shock came from her being a girl. :) I think everything father is scared to death when they first find out they're having a girl. I'm sure there's many reasons why they panic but I have an idea it has to do w/ when they were younger and how they thought about girls or treated girls. :)

Here's our first picture of the little princess.

 
 
And, before anybody asks, no we do not have a name yet. :) We've tossed around a few names but nothing has stuck . Who knows, it may turn out like it did w/ Carson, we decided on his name about 20 minutes before he joined this world!

1 comments:

Granny Strange said...

She already looks beautiful! She will cry "No Carson you can not take her back to the hospital, your Mom tried that with your Aunt" just remember it does get better as she gets older!

Post a Comment