Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010 = Success!

This was Carson's first Christmas - so much fun watching him play with all of his new toys, stare at the Christmas lights and try to attack the Christmas tree!

We started off our journey by flying to Wichita, KS where mom and Chet picked us up. It was so good to see them (including Erica) - they hadn't seen Carson since we was about 3 1/2 months old so I know they were itchin' to get their hands on the little guy! Chet and Greg went deer hunting a couple of times. I don't know how they do it - sitting out there in the freezing cold and you have to be quiet. No way - I couldn't do it! They saw a few deer but no shots were fired. Greg said he just loves being out there!

We also went over to dad and Artheta's house for dinner - Chris and Beth were able to make it too! So good to see everyone. Of course, Carson got a ton of toys and didn't know which one to play with first!

Here are a few pictures of Carson with all of his toys.


On Christmas day we drove from Ark City to Dallas to see Greg's side of the family. I rarely get migraines (maybe once a year, if that) but that morning one was coming on strong. What a horrible feeling. There is nothing I can but let it run its course. So, I slept in the back seat for about 2 hours with Carson's blanket wrapped around my head to block out any light. I told Greg that it probably looked like he had a kidnap victim in the back seat! Once I woke up, I felt much better!

We stayed with Brad and Julianna (uncle and aunt). They were so great to open their home to us! We always have such a good time with them. Julianna and I get to laughing so hard when we're together (Greg says that we're trouble when we're together)! Christmas night we had chili, played games, sang along w/ Collin as he played the guitar and visited. I love this picture - we ate dinner on the living room floor! So much fun!

The next day we went to Charlotte's house for a family Christmas party! Carson was soooo spoiled. So many hugs and kisses - and he loved it all! We played some games (thank you Samantha and Blake for helping me cheat), ate way too much food and caught up with family!

Tuesday night we went to dinner at Chuck and Ruthie's. Charlie and Lynn (uncle and aunt) were in town from Tennessee and Trey's crew came over too! The second we walked in the door, Sophie and Wyatt started yelling "Baby Carson"!! I think they really love their cousin! :)

We headed back to LA on Wednesday. It was so great seeing everyone but after a week of travel, I was ready to sleep in our own bed! All three of us crashed that night!

Completely off topic - on our flight was a girl that appeared on The Bachelor and The Bachelor Pad, Krisily Kennedy. I finally asked her if she was who we thought she was at baggage claim in LA. She was really nice and was all about Carson! So, now I can say I saw and talked to a celeb - kind of! :)

1 comments:

charlotte said...

Bonney, thanks for this tale of your Holiday, and thanks for the time we got to be with you. Carson is absolutely the best and sweetest baby I've been around in a very long time.
Hope all your rain and roof leaking issues are over and life is back to normal.
We watched a lot of football yesterday and ate black-eyed pea casserole to start 2011 off with good luck. Hope you have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Post a Comment