Thursday, December 16, 2010

Crazy 2 weeks

These past two weeks have been crazy...when it comes to work. It's a good crazy, but crazy nonetheless. I've had a lot of travel and meetings. I really enjoy being in front of the customer or prospective customer. Something about it just gives me a rush! No meeting is the same and there's always some problem we can solve. It's so great when you believe in your company and what you sell!

Last week we started in LA and made our way up the California coast. And when I say made our way up, I mean actually driving up the coast. We had a meeting in Santa Maria (about 2.5/3 hours north of LA), we then missed our flight to San Francisco for a meeting that afternoon so we decided to drive. That was about 4/4.5 hours. Good news is, we made it just in time for our next meeting. After that meeting, we caught a flight out of San Francisco to Seattle. I won't get into the details but if you miss one leg of your flight, then the airline cancels your entire flight. So...we had to get everything rebooked (thank goodness for help back in Dallas on this one). I was on a different flight from my co-workers which actually worked out better for me. I got to the hotel in Seattle around 11pm. They didn't get in until 2am due to delays. We had two meetings in Washington (one fairly close to the Canadian border) and then flew home Friday afternoon. Now it was my turn for the delays. I was stuck in Seattle for a couple of hours but the boys picked me up at the airport which was fun!! I could get used to that! ;)

This week hasn't been quite as crazy. Meetings in the San Francisco area on Monday and Tuesday and then back to the LA area. Now begins the adventures w/ the LA freeways. I haven't had any horrible experiences yet but I'm sure I'll run into some issues soon enough!

Next week we are headed back to KS and TX. I'm so excited to see family and friends. They will be blown away when they see Carson crawling AND pulling up to everything. He looks like a little bulldog crawling...so cute! I told my sister that she's in charge of chasing Carson around next week. Greg and I (especially Greg) need a break!

0 comments:

Post a Comment