Saturday, December 11, 2010

Santa Claus is coming to town!

This took place on Monday night (so, about 5 days ago....I had quite a bit of travel this week so my brain is a little fried). We were watching Monday Night Football and picking up things around the house. I heard Christmas music playing and I thought Greg had turned it on (knowing that I LOVE Christmas music). I came out of the bedroom wondering what was going on but he had the same look on his face. It sounded like it was coming from outside so we opened a window to take a peek. Sure enough, there was a city truck w/ lights flashing and Christmas music playing. They were announcing over the loud speaker for all of the children to gather around the truck (about 3 houses down from us) because Santa is on his way!! I couldn't get coats on all of us fast enough! Thank goodness Greg had Carson...I was so excited to see Santa, there's a good chance I may have forgotten to grab him! haha

About 5 minutes later, here came Santa and his sleigh!! It was amazing! Christmas music was playing and the jolly old man was waiving to the neighborhood kids. We had to get a picture w/ him....for Carson of course! :)


As you can see, he didn't really care too much about old Saint Nick.

I talked to one of the ladies on the "sleigh". Apparently the city of Torrance does this every year...so great! Which reminds me, I need to get on the website to send my thanks!

Here are a few more pictures:




We were also able to meet a few neighbors. And...we may have found a babysitter!!!! This girl, Nikki, is genius.....she came out and greeted everyone as we were waiting for Santa to arrive and she handed out flyers w/ her babysitting info. She's 14 yrs old and lives 2 doors down from us. I talked to her mom and she said Nikki has taken care of babies before and is CPR certified , plus her mom is just down the road, if needed.

Many good things came of this event: 1. Carson got to see Santa (and so did I), 2. we met some neighbors and 3. we may have a potential babysitter. Maybe we should give her a try on, oh, I don't know....maybe, January 27th...hint hint!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment