Monday, December 6, 2010

Our first trip back to Dallas

We had our first trip back to Dallas this past weekend and it was a success! I wasn't worried about the actual weekend events but worried about getting to and from Dallas. This was our first plane ride w/ Carson. Let me start off by saying, for such a little guy, he sure needs a lot of stuff! We had 2 checked bags, a checked car seat, 2 carry-on suitcases, diaper bag, purse and baby....wow! With my work travel experience, I can easily pack a week's worth of stuff in a carry-on for myself, so all of this checking baggage thing was new to me!
*Side note - the airline is so gracious that they let allow you to check the diaper bag without it counting as a carry-on. Maybe I'm missing something, but don't you usually need the diaper bag w/ you when traveling for things like diapers, wipes, toys, formula, bottles, change of clothes, etc.

Moving on....
Carson was great on the plane! We gave him a bottle going up and coming down - it really helped w/ popping his ears. He won't take a pacifier - he just chews on it. The only problem was (for mommy and daddy), he only slept for about 15 minutes on our way to Dallas. He's at that age that he has to look at everything - if he falls asleep, he may miss something. Shout out to my mom for suggesting that we keep Carson on California time.....worked like a charm!

Thursday night we had dinner w/ Grandma and Grandpa (Ruthie and Chuck). It was so good to see them and catch up. Carson put on quite the show w/ his smiles and laughter!

Friday night we had the Hodges family Christmas party. Always a good time! Gerald and Karen rented a hotel suite just down the hall from us which worked out perfect. Carson did cry when he saw Uncle Trey and Uncle Justin, but wouldn't you??!! (just kidding guys...we love ya!) We even played a little charades. This is one of those things I like to just sit back and watch the craziness unfold!!


Sophia and Wyatt are so cute w/ Carson! Sophia just says "baby Carson" over and over and over again. Wyatt and Carson played peek-a-boo and Wyatt got in some good tickles too!

Saturday  I got to have lunch w/ Katie and Hailey! A much needed lunch. Katie - so when are you guys moving to California? Don't think I won't stop telling Hailey about Disneyland, I think that will do it!  :)
Saturday night was the ISN company holiday party! Again, always a good time! The Hodges kept Carson for the night (I'm sure he wasn't spoiled at all, haha!). It was so nice to get dressed up and have a little one-on-one time w/ Greg! And, we didn't smell like spit up! :)
We didn't take too many pictures at the party (too much talking I guess) but we did get a great picture with our friends Kim and Nick!

The trip back to LA was pretty smooth as well. Carson did cry for a bit on the plane but it was only because he was so tired. He finally gave in for about 30 minutes and slept. Of course this was after he spit up on me and peed on  me. I need to find a t-shirt that says, "Hey, I'm a mom, I know I stink!"

All in all, I say the weekend was a success! In a few weeks we'll do it all again, but this time we'll make it a week long trip, throw in a flight connection in Denver, and drive the rental car 5 hours from Ark City to Dallas. We apparently like challenges...can't you tell?! :)

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Great outfit! You look beautiful.

Katie said...

Loved lunch!! Absolutely needed. I'm still pretending you live here by the way. If we move to California, does this mean we get to move in with you? I'm sure Reese and Landry won't color on ALL your walls :) (doesn't sound so appealing anymore now, does it?) Can't wait to see you again in a few weeks. Give my little man a hug for me (not you, Greggie)!!!

cvaughter@verizon.net said...

Sounds like a whirlwind to me, but such fun too!
It's always interesting and fun to read your blog.
Hope you have a nice visit in Arc and easy drive to Dallas.
We're so looking forward to the 26th!

Post a Comment