Friday, December 17, 2010

Please don't tell me the time has come...

The time I speak of is when your sweet, little, precious baby won't lay their head on your shoulder anymore to cuddle. Jennifer (sister-in-law) told me about the time she realized that was happening w/ Wyatt. I wanted to cry when she told me this because I realized it was probably getting close for me.

I always give Carson his night time bottle. This is our special time where I sing to him (Christmas songs right now), I overload him with kisses and he and I just stare into each others eyes. It used to be that after his bottle, I would put him on my shoulder to burp him and he would just lay his head down, suck his thumb and was completely content.

Now.....we still sing, I still get in a ton of kisses, we still look into each others eyes, I still put him on my shoulder to burp him but now he wants to climb up my chest to get to the top of the rocking chair (or anything he can do to crawl and stand up). I laugh because he'll stop and lean back to look at me and just gives me the biggest smile! It's like he's celebrating his quest of reaching the top of the chair!

We will continue with our nightly routine and enjoy our special time together, but I have that little bit of hope that he'll lay his head on my shoulder just one more time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment